Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Oh Baby!!!

Yesterday Emily and I excitedly (and admittedly a bit anxious) got in the car to go downtown together for a mother/daughter bonding moment. The purpose of our trek? For Emmers to watch me get lathered up in warm goo in order to catch a glimpse of this:

Oh, it brought tears to my eyes! Yes, it was verified....The little jumping bean we saw on the screen confirmed our suspicions that my body has been taken over by an alien identity. And it's settled in for 7 more months! It was very active and very cute, you know, for a bean.



Now I feel justified in feeling ill at the thought of browning ground beef and getting winded performing menial chores such as grating cheese. I also feel entitled to my 10 hours of sleep per night, when pre-ultrasound I was thinking maybe I was just lazy? Emily wanted to know "How's the baby supposed to be healthy if you're so sick?" Because it's sucking the life out of me! (which unfortunately doesn't end once they're born...)



At any rate, we are very excited and thinking girly thoughts. Estimated due date: June 24. I've always heard June babies are the cutest. Next to Feb, April, and October, of course.



Phew. I'm out of breath. I need a nap.

14 comments:

Raenie said...

Sarah, Congratulations! We'll be thinking girly too, Emily needs a sister.

tm said...

Yay! Congratulations, Sarah.

Leslie said...

You are ever so entitled to be out of breath over the days monotonous chores, you're on your way to being a mother of 5 dear friend!!! I am so excited for you, and will be praying girl-type prayers. Congrats!

Emily said...

Congratulations Sarah! I agree with the June baby theory...

ami said...

Sarah- congrats- i'm only selfishly sad that this will put a temporary end to your running. I know you'll be back- stronger than ever. I'll be wishing girl, girl, girl. emily needs a little sis.
love you
ami

MZB said...

Oh man I am excited for you!

Marne said...

Yay! Cool picture, by the way. What kind of photo is that anyway? That's no ultrasound picture!

I am expecting too...one month ahead of you, May 25th. Fun!

Smullin Family said...

Hey Sarah,
It's Alisha Smullin. I found your blog through the Cottle's blog, I think. I'd like to add you to my "friends and family" if that's ok. And if you would like to follow my blog, email me and I'll invite you; alishasmullin@yahoo.com

Congratulations! I'll be thinking girly thoughts also...I love little girls!

Kellie and Justin said...

Congrats!! And you must give me the name of your ultrasound tech! She can produce a pretty amazing picture...
love you tons,
kels

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! I wanted to check out your crafts and came across this juicy tidbit! Congrats! If you want to 'borrow' my baby for some 'infant' practice, feel free! Btw, those sonographers are amazing!

natasha said...

so fun! we got a girl after four tries so good luck! it is possible. :) my son is june 23rd so if your baby is born that day, there is no doubt that it will be the cutest ever. :)

natasha said...

p.s. it sounded like you had tacos on the brain...

McDaniel's said...

Congrats. W are so excited for you!

Stacey said...

Yay! Congratulations! I'm so excited for you.