Thursday, March 19, 2009

8 is enough. Or is it?!

I have been a hermit these past 2 weeks. Emily was sick first, then Lukas. You know how they say when life gives you lemons to make lemonade? I took it a step farther than that and made lemon-poppyseed muffins. And bran muffins. And cornmeal muffins. And more raisin bran muffins. And then some pineapple coconut muffins--2 kinds actually, to compare. And I threw in some banana bread while I was at it. Then some French bread. And some granola, just to feel a little healthier. So, the question is, what do you get when you make 270 muffins in one week?

The answer was revealed today at my Dr.'s appointment. How about an 8 pound weight gain? And I don't think it's just because my hair grew another 1/8th of an inch last month....

But who cares. Throw out the scale and feed me more because hallelujah I'm not puking my guts out and I'm enjoying myself. (except the heart burn, but icecream fixes that right up.) I think it's no coincidence that last week in our family scripture study I came across my new favorite scripture in 2 Nephi 9:51 "....let your soul delight in fatness." I'm doing my best!

6 comments:

Cama Cathrae said...

You are so adorable! Eat up girl, you deservie it!!! Uhhh you can also send over any left over muffins to my house!!! They sound delicious!! Especially the pineapple coconut muffins. Mmmm my mouth is watering! Oh and ahhh can we please get a time to get Ben's pictures. He looks so forlorn in the one you have posted by his name. :) Love ya!

jana jacob said...

Sarah - WHY do you live so far away from me? You always bring a smile to my face! I had no idea that ice cream cured heartbrun...that may be a terrible piece of knowledge for me! I would be thrilled with only one month of gaining only 8 pounds....I have never weighed so much and I still have three months to go....I am frightened! OH well...I'm going to go bask in Nate's cooking!

Joseph and Mary + Seven said...

Wow, you're ambitious! My family is lucky when they get plain spegetti cooked up with some parmesan on top. Did you learn the icecream cures heartburn from mom? It took me 6 pregnancies to learn that and now it's not working all that great anymore. :( I eat it and still feel yucky.

Leslie said...

you're lying right? you did not make that many muffins. it is troubling to me that you forget that i am practically your closest neighbor and there is always a good place to send your surplus supply of baked goods.

and i think i told you before, but just in case you forgot...i love you (and your quirky sense of humor!)

Lillian D'Ann Miskin said...

Thank you for that new scripture to highlight! :) I gained 40 lbs with Cora and was hoping that next time would be less, but now...who knows, I just may delight in fatness! Enjoy your muffins.

Malia said...

Yeah, I still dont think you and fatness can go together. Do you even look pregnant yet? Love ya!