Monday, July 07, 2008

We're BA-ACK!!

This is to let you all know that I haven't fallen off the edge of the earth! After a 2 week long vacation, I need a vacation! My body isn't as forgiving as it was during the college years when going to bed before midnight was considered pooping out early. I made a rash decision Monday morning around 8:30 that I don't regret one bit: to drive to Colorado myself with the kids and surprise my dear friend Jana, and then meet up with Dan a few days later at his family reunion. Dan helped me pack the car real quick-like (is that even possible for such an extended trip?!) and I was off! My kids were angels in the car and we made it in record time--11 1/2 hours later we pulled up and while we were in the car plotting on how to surprise Jana, she walked out of her house and totally scared ME! No fair! We enjoyed a few glorious days together doing what we do best--sitting on the couch gabbing while the kids roam free, and eating Nate's delicious cooking. Thanks for shoving those 4 loaded crepes down my throat, Nate, and completely sabotaging my diet! I will never forgive you for that, never!

After Jana's, I drove to Salt Lake to meet up with my hubby again. Then we spent a day camping in Heber with Dan's mom's extended family. (May I recommend not sleeping in a bunk house with 12 kids (one of which is in your bunk) and 2 anonymous snorers.) Then we spent a few days back in Salt Lake. Then we went to Ogden for the "real reunion" where we ate and swam and swam and ate (and in between played lots of rook where Dan and I won the coveted trophy). Then we went back to Kaysville to spend the 4th with his college roommate and his family. Then we came home. Then I wanted to hibernate. Is anyone else tired from just reading this?

Please let me take a nap before I die. And when I find my camera, be prepared for some great pics.

7 comments:

Leslie said...

good to know you're back! i've been checking your blog for word that your two weeks was up. did you really leave boise that morning that i saw you and drive straight to colorado by YOURSELF??? girl, you are more of a woman than i could ever be.

and yes, i am exhausted just reading about your trip.

p.s. did you read the "book"?

ami said...

Sarah- I had no idea you had such gumption- colorado with the kids by yourself? gumption or temporary insanity. you're awesome. how fun for jana. i'm glad you're back. now get busy with those pictures! i want to see some action shots.

MZB said...

Did you leave after we swam in the morning? Way to go, I thought Dan said NO.

Nancy said...

WOW!! That is a long drive! I could never drive for that long!! It sounds like you guys had a blast though.

Sarah Pearl said...

RE all: It feels good to know that I was missed! I still don't have the gumption to blog about it yet, but that will come with time, only with time...

Leslie, I'm halfway through the "book." Juicy and delicious.

Magan, yes, I decided AFTER the swim. Which clarifies to Ami that yes, I was temporarily insane. And proud of it!!!

ami said...

How often are you swimming? and who is swimming with you? i suddenly don't want to do this triathlon- BUT i will!

Sarah Pearl said...

I miss you I miss you I miss you!!!! I am NOT glad you're back! We need to plan when we are going to see each other again so I have something to look forward to again. Thanks for making everything so much fun and so memorable! I love your guts! -Tris