Friday, June 20, 2008

So...I cut my hair...myself

Well, I started cutting it myself, anyway. I should have known better--as I was holding scissors to my hair, three friends called my phone. Did I heed their calls? I let them leave messages because my hair would have looked even worse if I tried cutting it while I was holding the phone with my shoulder. "Step away from the scissors, Sarah" my conscience kept whispering. But alas, I have absolutely NO self-control in things dealing with hair or chocolate. I can only take frumpy hair for so long and then I snap!!! If I don't get my hair cut that instant, I resort to cutting it myself (or worse, going to Super-cuts). I called in Marla for back-up support. She was supposed to say something like, "Gee, it looks wonderful! I've never known anyone who cut their own a-line bob before, I must know your technique!" To which I would reply, "It's easy, you make a pony tail with the under layers and cut it off. Then, grab random chunks of hair and snip snip. Nothing to it!" Instead, after trimming up some stray hairs, I heard something more like, "Yeah, you might want to go into somebody to get it fixed. You see, there's this hole here..." There's nothing better than a truthful friend in times of crisis! Not only that, she watched my kids while Lulu "fixed" it. So, here you go:

When I went in, Lulu was actually very complimentary. She said she was expecting way worse. She stacked the back a little and thinned it a TON so I wouldn't have mushroom syndrome like I normally do with cuts like these, and sent me on my merry way!


5 comments:

Leslie said...

SARAH!!! First off...You are a nut for attempting to cut your hair yourself. My sister in law always does the same thing and we can never understand her. Secondly...it looks GREAT! You couldn't look bad if you tried. I am not buying the "frumpy hair" bit either. Your hair is great.

bethany said...

I love it! I know what you mean about needing to get it cut right away. Maybe it's a curly hair thing. I've never attempted cutting my own hair except for my bangs...which was always a huge disater in itself. You should've posted a pic of what it looked like before you got it fixed.

jana jacob said...

Sarah - doll...I love your hair!!! You look even more amazing than the last time I saw you. T have been toying wiht the idea of chopping my hair....I'm balding again!!! If I could just be guarenteed that I would look as good as you, I'd do it myself! I had so much fun catching up on all your posts! I have to say I was oh so sad to not be there to celebrate your birthday...how fun that Dan surprised you! Could you just tell him to surprise me for my birthday, by sending you out to Colorado?

MZB said...

Your a nut. I just l love it.

Marne said...

So cute Sarah! You always look fabulous no matter what.