Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Now that's crazy!

Allright, forgive me if this seems a little outdated, but I lost the SD card for my camera. Whadya know, when you clean your desk, miracles happen! So, for the last week of school at Compass, the kids celebrated "Spirit Week" and got to dress up. One of the days was "Crazy Hair Day." Now, I know you're thinking "For BJ, every day is crazy hair day!" But he had other ideas in mind. No "bedhead express" for him that morning, nosirree. He was going for the "Quill Pig" as seen in Rockband, but c'mon, he has horse hair, not pig hair, so what's a mom to do? (Sides, I only had about 5 minutes to pull this together....) My simple solution: hairspray and a blowdryer. (It seemed to do the trick for my hairdresser some years back when she styled me with an enormous mullet and left me crying for days, so I was pretty confident in my tactics. Note to self: never sit in a dresser's chair when her hair is so big a 5-gallon hat wouldn't keep it dry in the rain.)What a silhouette, eh? You be the judge!


Oh, and check out my desk...
For those of you on your toes, you'll realize that not only is it clean, but it's been relocated! Now I have a window where I can spy on my neighbors and also glimpse horse butts now and again. Here's what took its place:

Ah, redecorating!! I don't think the beauty will last long, though. Dan told me Helena (his interior designer) would be by soon to take anything cute I have to stage one of his homes. And that's precisely why I had to take a picture of my genius before it got snatched right before my eyes!

6 comments:

marlequin said...

I think you just moved it to get a closer look at the single guy mowing his lawn with the shirt off.

I'm just saying....

ami said...

What you have a single guy that mows his lawn with his shirt off. I'll be right over.....

Sarah Pearl said...

Even if I WERE looking (let's be honest, no one holds a candle to Dan, right?), I don't think I wear enough hoochie clothing to catch his attention...

tm said...

Never mind the single guy (with or without shirt), what about the desk? Could I get some close-up of the desk?

Leslie said...

Sarah, Now let's be honest. You are as hoochie as it gets. ;)

And I never knew you were such a great designer. I've never seen your house. Can I come over? What's our excuse for not sitting on the couch TOGETHER eating bonbons?

Sarah Pearl said...

Leslie, the bonbons are all gone. Sorry! But you're still welcome to come over anytime! Maybe I could offer you a celery stick or something.