Saturday, December 20, 2008

A Christmas Riddle

Do you laugh or cry when...

Your son (not naming names, you guess which one) and his partner-in-crime (cousin) stack up some violin cases on the piano bench to pull off every last one of your beautifully color-coordinated, sparkly, and apparently irresistable Christmas balls from the tree, and then smash them into the carpet with their cowboy boots?

Neither. You vacuum. And then get really excited when you realize there's one little loner ball that they didn't see. All of a sudden it's a good day again.

Merry Christmas, Lukas, I love you.

3 comments:

ami said...

Oh Sal, I am sorry about your christmas decorations. But just think of all the good cheer you just spread by sharing that story. I had to stiffle my laugh so the children wouldn't wake up.

Natalie said...

I'm going to have to go with laugh. Since our vacuum just broke and it wouldn't help anyway....Kids are SO much fun, aren't they. And you just made me feel better about the one ornament Ella pulled off the tree and snapped into pieces!

Jana said...

Sarah! Long lost camp buddy! Well since you caught up on me, I took the liberty to catch up on you! What beautiful kids and...congrats on week 16! That is so very exciting. I look forward to keeping posted on the Foutz Fam! We are in Rexburg...in fact I saw Mary awhile back and I couldn't believe it! --Jana janahj@gmail.com