Sunday, October 19, 2008

The Magnificent Seven

Little Emmers is a big bad seven year old--and artsy enough to create her own cake and cupcakes for her party. (and lucky enough to have two parties with lots of cousins!) I think she did a pretty swell job, don't you? (and just in case, I only had to eat about 6 of them to declare them satisfactory for party guests.)
She desperately wanted a cow scarf, for whatever reason, and wears it daily with pride. Emmers is one of the few 7 year olds bold enough to make this kind of statement.

Oh, that smile of hers just makes my heart melt. I'm so thankful I have at least one girl!

The Seven Greatest Things about Em:
1. She lets me play with her hair, but doesn't care if I forget to fix it for weeks on end.
2. Her unique reasoning capabilities and complex trains of thought.
3. Her sense of style, man!
4. Her amazing empathy. (she once told me through tears "I don't know why I feel like crying when other people get hurt, but I feel like I'm hurting, too!")
5. Her journal. My favorite book.
6. She loves being a helper and is always the first on the scene when Dan asks "who wants to help Daddy?"
7. Her infectious sense of humor! She really is a hoot and I just love her so much!

5 comments:

MZB said...

Very sweet tribute 7#. I can tell she is a libra....

jana jacob said...

Oh, I sure do love that little lady! It makes me so sad to not be there! Amazing cupcakes!

Leslie said...

Did you make the scarf??? You seemed to be good at turning little animals into other usable items...

And I'm dying that she decorated the cake and cupcakes by herself! They are so beautiful. What a little sweetie. I am wondering why her and Ella aren't best friends....

Cama Cathrae said...

I can't believe Emmers is so big!! What happened to our little girls? I have to read your bog just to catch up with you these days!! Miss ya tons!

natasha said...

and she is so cute! i have three boys with the youngest a girl. i am freaking because i only know how to speak boy!