Thursday, April 16, 2009

Randomness from my camera

This is just a glimpse into my life, I guess. Nothing major or spectacular, but interesting enough to take a pictures of (maybe?). I caught this crazy shot while walking down our hallway toward the front door and was like "what the?" and then realized that Lukas was probably as confused as I was. Then it dawned on me that Dan was finally painting the siding out front that the painters missed over a year ago. For those of you who know us, don't think just because Dan is touch up painting that we're moving.... The newest addition to our garage:
Finally a place for Dan to keep all his tools (and all his helpers!).

And this lovely picture is miss Emily proudly showing off her first (and second) lost tooth--they happened within days of eachother. It has been a struggle for her--she's 7 for crying out loud, and all her friends are already toothless! Unfortunately, absentmindedness runs in her veins as much as mine, and not only did she misplace her 2nd tooth for about a week, but when she finally got around to finding it, the toothfairy was so "busy" (for an undisclosed amount of time) that finally I just put a buck on her pillow while she was at school today. When she found it, she said "thanks for the money, mom--I guessed it was you since the toothfairy usually comes in the middle of the night and I checked this morning and my tooth was still there." Shoot. Why can't I be more on the ball and keep the childhood magic alive?

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Don't feel bad, I forget with Ella too! The last time, she checked and didn't see any money so she ran out crying and telling us that the tooth fairy didn't come. Then I gave Mitch "The Look" and he swiftly disappeared and ran into her room in 2 seconds flat and swiped the tooth (she failed to look to see if the tooth was there or not) and magically made a dollar appear. Phew, it was so close but we totally saved the day!