Thursday, April 16, 2009

Try not to be jealous!

Mom Mauery strikes again! She completely outdid herself this time. While I was at her house over Christmas, I designed some quilts for Lukas and Sam and even helped her cut out and sew a few blocks. When she showed up in February, they were not only DONE, but she had also whipped up lap quilts for the two older kids for a surprise. Can we say overachiever? They are so beautiful. Not to leave out the baby, she also made a little flannel receiving blanket while at my sister's for Gus. Wowee, thanks mom!
P.S. to all my siblings--this proves I'm the favorite. ha ha

P.P.S. I just remembered another project we did at her house--we put together a portfolio of all the quilts and projects she's done over the years. If you REALLY want to be blown away, take a look at that and immediately feel very uncrafty indeed!

5 comments:

ami said...

oh i'm not only jealous but i am green with envy and lusting after those quilts- amazing! your mom is very talented- geesh you must be the fav.- NO FAIR!

bethany said...

Wow! Your mom is awesome! Those are beautiful quilts...wish I could do that, maybe in my next life.

MZB said...

Pottery barn has nothing on your momma

jana jacob said...

Oh Sarah - I've missed you! I am so glad to catch up only if it is through blogging! Your mom is a wonder! She is so talented! How are you feeling...you look stunning as usual! Are you in complete disbelief that there is only 10 weeks left of this pregnancy? I am starting to get nervous - more nervous than I have ever been with the other pregnancies! I am still trying to figure out how to get all my boys clothes to you...Sam could even wear them. I am not holding out for another boy, so I am not holding on to my boy clothes! Okay, I think I've actually gone over the kosher response limit. We need a good chat one of these days, my dear!

Leslie said...

NO WAY!! At first I thought the first two pics were of the full size quilts, then I realized those were actually the lap quilts. They are seriously so beautiful. Your mother is amazing. I want to be her friend...
And I AM jealous. Very, very jealous.