Thursday, April 23, 2009

"Pine of Jerbies"

Well, that's what Lukas called it, anyway. (Does it really sound like that when I say "Pinewood Derby?" Dan thinks I have a thpeech impediment, maybe he'th right.)

So....the excitement at our house these past few days has been getting geared up for the big race which was held tonight. I must say, after BJ's first race when his weights went flying off, I did not hold my breath the rest of the night and went to help dish up treats in the kitchen. When I finished, Dan told me I just missed the championship race and whadya know, he won! (Obviously he didn't fare so well in the uniform inspection, but we'll work on that next month.) I love this picture so much because I have one kind of like it of me and my older brother, Timothy when we were about the same ages. He (Timothy) wanted me in the picture as much as BJ wanted Emily in the picture, but little sisters are just so adoring of their cool big brothers! Emily was BJ's biggest fan and was as excited as he was. Way to go, Beej!

2 comments:

tm said...

Wow! I'm famous! (Even if I never won the pinewood bejeebies!)

kaughtydid said...

Ok-I must be pregnant. That totally made me cry. I am so proud of my big nephew-and Emers is so cute! Tell Beej congrats!