Friday, May 01, 2009

My Man's Big Day

That smile just melts my heart. I was so excited for Dan's birthday this year because he has been working so hard these past few months and I wanted to give him something to celebrate. It actually started at midnight with his brother the day before, and ended with a midnight movie (Wolverine) on Thursday. My guy knows how to party! In between all that, the fam came over for one of his favorite dinners (ham, potatoes, cobb salad, and jello), along with his yearly request of strawberry cake. (Let me pat myself on the back and mention that I also made homemade rolls with strawberry freezer jam for an extra special treat for him--he's been begging for jam for years!) We were all stuffed! That's a big fire, and a lot of smoke! Any guesses on how old he is?!


Then came time for the presents. I was so excited for him to open this. A few years ago he met the owners of Jones' Soda and he told me you could personalize your own soda. He loves their soda, so I looked into it. Thanks to my bro, Timothy for getting this picture last summer. He loved it so much, he put some of it on display in his office. Awww. You can't read the fine print, but you also get to write a personal message on the back. I'd tell you what it says, but it's, um personal.Dan, Dan, you're my man.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

That Jones' Soda bottle is a really cool idea!! And it's a really cute picture of you two! Tell Dan "Happy Belated Birthday"! I am really bad with the in-laws birthdays.

ami said...

you are so creative. i love the jones soda. i can't believe you are due next month- this pregnancy has flown by, well for me at least! :)