Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Bagels and Recitals

So last Saturday the "Sarah Foutz Piano Studio" had it's first recital! I wish I had a decent picture to post, but they all turned out funny. (sorry Dan) I was so nervous for my students Friday night that I could hardly sleep, but they all exceeded my expectations and performed beautifully. They only had about a month to memorize their 2 pieces, whereas the other students (we combined the recital with another studio) had been practicing since January for this event. That's when I started teaching in the first place! But I can't say how proud I am of the kids for working so very hard and doing their best. They were judged and critiqued and awarded gold, silver, and bronze certificates based on their performances.

They all did great!
Then I came home and have been craving bagels for days. I made these yesterday and baked them this morning and boy-howdy, they were worth it! I admit that they aren't the most gorgeous specimens to emerge from my oven, but the taste made up for that double-fold! Don't tell anyone that I've already eaten 3 of them (with butter and jam) this morning. The baby was hungry.

2 comments:

Chanin said...

Sarah....you are the baking queen! Those look de...lish. Can I come over and learn?!?!

Lindsay Anne Hatfield said...

i knew from the teaser that somewhere in this post would be the story of yet another baking conquest...dan's smile that melts your heart? a sign of a well-fed man, lucky guy.