Monday, May 11, 2009

I'm Ready

I'm ready to have my ankles back.


I'm ready to not cringe every time I see something fall to the ground because I know I'll have to pick it up.


I'm ready to RUN!

I'm ready to feel pretty again.


I'm ready to be able to tie my shoes without making gutteral noises.


I'm ready to eat whatever I want without suffering the consequenses of heartburn.


I'm ready to have a lap again for my boys.


I'm ready to go the the bathroom less than once an hour and pee more than a tablespoon.


I'm ready to feel kicked on the outside instead of the inside.


I'm even ready to smell like rotten milk and change stinky diapers again. I am.


And oh how I'm ready to hold a sweet little baby again!!!


I just don't think I'm ready for labor yet.


And so I'm ready to stop complaining and wait.

7 comments:

Natalie said...

You are too funny! I don't begrudge you that part of the whole thing. I will sure be feeling jealous of the sweet little baby though! Hang in there!

Joseph and Mary + Seven said...

I don't even know what to say. I got teary eyed reading your post. I'm not sure if its because I'm so stinking tired or because I miss you or because it was easy being pregnant. Now I'm a blubbering mom with unattractive baby fat and bags under my eyes. At least pregnant is cute! Hang in there sis! Right now I'll take stumpy ankles over sleepless nights.

Leslie said...

thatwasperfectlystated. :)

MZB said...

This needs to be published. Words of wisdom.

ami said...

beautiful post. i don't envy your labor but highly regard you since you opt for a completely natural birth and since your beautiful no matter and since you're so talented and since you're an amazing cook and since you're an amazing mother, I could go on and on.

Marne said...

I echo every word you wrote.

Although I am glad I get to have my baby in a week or less! :) My ankles were so bad today I had Chad bring me home from church early. They were just throbbing.

Stacey said...

Oh, those last few weeks… they prove how tough we really are. I have vivid flashbacks to hating watching things fall to the floor, knowing how much it would hurt when I had to pick it up. I'm with you, sweetie, if not in body then in spirit.