Wednesday, May 27, 2009

10 years and counting!

Under the guise of "going to Walmart to buy Nancy a birthday present," when we were visiting my sister in Rexburg, Dan whisked me off to Jackson Hole alone for a night to celebrate our big "one-oh" anniversary. Was I surprised? shocked? floored? flabbergasted? YES! I was so confused, in fact, that about 3 times I told him he was definitely going the wrong way to Walmart, he was lost, and I was starting to get a little miffed we were in the middle of nowhere right when we were supposed to be leaving for home. When he broke the news to me, all I could think of was "Did you tell Mom and Mary??!!" He of course had thought of everything, and the getaway was perfect. We had an awesome room with an awesome view with awesome food and awesome company. It was AWESOME!

Downtown, they were redoing one of the famous antler arches. We had some spare time on our hands, and they petitioned anyone 9 months pregnant to help.


Phew, that was a lot of work. Mom and Mary, now you know why we got back later than planned.

Well, Dannyboy, the past 10 years have flown by in a whirlwind of fun and friendship and laughter and love. Thanks for a memorable anniversary and spoiling me at every chance you get. I am so lucky to be your bride.
And of course, I have to give a great big thanks to my mom and sister for watching our handful while we were away--we owe you big!!!

I almost forgot--here's what I gave Dan. Thanks to my uber-talented friend Cama, I finally had bridal pics taken about 10 years late. She says "every man deserves a beautiful picture of his wife." Thanks to her photo software, she was able to make that a reality for my hubby! hee hee. It was wonderful to feel glamorous for a day, even though in reality my dress wasn't zipped and I couldn't breath. But who cares--Dan thinks still thinks I'm a hottie after 10 years and that's all I ever wanted!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

OMG, that is the sweeeetest, most thoughtful gift ever! I can't believe Danny boy pulled that off. He is so sweet, Sarah. And that bridal pic of you is grounds for a modeling contract. One HOT TAMALE is what you are!

Joseph and Mary + Seven said...

Ok, I think I can stop bawling like a baby! You and Dan are great and we love you both!