Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Birthday Girl!

"Happy birthday to me, I'm the big thirty-three. I feel like a walrus, and I want this baby."

Who's more excited for cake: me or Sam? Dan and the kids made my favorite--pineapple upside down yumminess. Bless his heart.
And of course, the Dan and the kids surprised me with gifts that I didn't even know existed. Who could have predicted drumsticks with flames on them?! Including sweet "silencing tips" so I can rock out at night without disturbing my kids' slumber....Not to be outdone, Mom Mauery pulled out all the stops this year and finished her 2 year long project of an old-fashioned quilt that blew me away. It is so lovely and makes me smile every time I walk by my bed. Pay no attention to the moose antlers in the background. Every master needs horns somewhere. It's good feng shui.Thanks to everyone who made my birthday memorable and delightful. From a much-needed pedicure from Jenny (I'd take pictures of my toes, but I have club feet at the moment) to Dan watching the kids while I got my hair done (I'd take pictures, but alas, it's destined to be in a ponytail for another year), to my book club gals treating me to dinner, it was truly a happy day(s). I have a great life!


2 comments:

jana jacob said...

Oh Sarah - each of these posts made me miss you all the more (is that even possible?) It sounds like you have had so much fun! You my dear are no where close to being a walrus - you look completely beautiful- and that sweet baby is going to come anyday now! I can't wait to see pictures of him!!!

Leslie said...

LOVE YOU Sarah! You are such a doll, this life just wouldn't be the same without you in it. :)

The quilt from your mother is gorgeous, and that pineapple upside down cake that Dan made you looks (pretty) good. If only he would have gotten the coconut in it. ;)