Friday, June 05, 2009

Inside the Curious Mind of Emily Foutz

Yesterday Emily brought home a bound book called "My Year Long Journal" from first grade. It was fun to read and get a little insight to her quirky personality. Some of the entries made me wonder what her teacher may have thought....

Example 1: Being truthful is important because.... We will die if we don't foloe the ten comandment's. I like the ten comandments. You will die if you don't folou the ten comandments. I mean get brnd with fire and then die and not go to heaven. I want to go to heaven agen and see Jesas again.

Example 2: Something I want Mrs. Hill to know about me is.... I'm POSITIVE! I'M CARFALE! I LIKE MYSELF AT EVERY PLACE!

Example 3: Sometimes I wish.... Sometimes I wish my little brother was quite as a mouse. My little brother is blazing loud. He is 3. His name is Sameil, and he loves cars. I love peace. My two brothers don't give it to me. I have 3 brothers. One is quite. His name is Benjamin. He dose funny tricks like making his hands float up automatically.

Example 4: If I could live any place.... I could do the splits. (huh?) I cannot do the splits anymore because I am seven. I am older than I was before. When I grow up...I'm going to live in a store. The store will be blue, and orange, red, purple, yellow, lavender, vilet, and white. I will live in a candy store.

That entry was ironic--earlier she mentioned "I like healthy food. I like banannas. I eat clean ones, not grody ones. I like monkeys that eat banannas, they like me."

Oh Emmers. (or Emrz as she informed me it was spelled) I don't want you to grow up. Please stay little and carefree and full of wonder and enthusiasm for life. I couldn't ask for a better person to be my one and only girl. You bring so much laughter and love into my life.

2 comments:

jana jacob said...

That is so sweet - I love reading and getting a glimps into your kids mind. That Emmers is one darling girl!

Joseph and Mary + Seven said...

I couldn't stop smiling reading this! Thanks Emily!