Wednesday, August 13, 2008

"Do or do not, there is no tri..."

What does Yoda know about triathlons? I could teach him a few things....First and foremost: do your best to intimidate the opponents by pulling intensely athletic faces prerace. I'm still working on that one...Second of all: it would have helped if the Olympics were BEFORE the race so I could have imitated Natalie Coughlin on the back stroke, since I had to do that a few times just to stay alive. Michael Phelps form isn't bad, either. During the frenzy do your best to kick as few people in the face as you can. Or maybe I would have done better off kicking more....See me down there? I'm the one in the green cap..Next off, learn how to clip your bike helmet on in less than 3 minutes and 18 seconds. It does wonders for your overall time. And tie your shoes tight enough that the shoelaces don't get caught in the spokes of your bike while your competition is speeding effortlessly past you while you're trying to figure out why the heck your shoes are getting tighter with each rotation. And for goodness sake, get your shirt on already, you're embarrassing me! Most important of all, do your best to finish with a sprint and a smile so everyone thinks it was a total piece of cake and that you're not ready to collapse at any minute due to the intense heat.


I'm no pro, but those are my tips for anyone ready to take on Emmett's Most Excellent Challenge next year. One more tip: do it with some awesome friends who inspire you to push yourself harder than you would have alone! Aren't they total hotties?Here's my most inspirational friend of the race and even though she didn't compete, I couldn't have done it without her. I love you like a sister! (Don't kill me for posting your hotness on here, Mary!)

6 comments:

Stacey said...

You're so tough! Way to go.

Leslie said...

you are such a rockstar, sarah! i heard you were awesome...maybe i will be there with you next year!

oh ya, loved your yoda quote. it was so on point.

ami said...

Sarah-
Yeah you updated! i loved seeing you at the triathlon. you did so awesome. I'm going to smoke your time next year. i can't wait! i hope we can get together soon. your fam reunion looked so fun. miss you

bethany said...

Thanks for a good laugh...I love your prerace face!

jenny said...

You make me laugh soo hard! Sure your shoe lace got caught?? If that is true, I am laughing really hard right now. I had the same problem with my shirt!!! I couldn't get it down in the back!! It was really fun now that it is all said and done. I was so tired for about 3 days after. Hey, do you want to swim in the morning?? NOT!

Raenie said...

sarah...you totally rock...mom and triathlete?? i truly have no excuses...i love your blog and all your pictures of your family reunion...looks like so much fun and it sounds like you have such a fun family...take care