Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Fantabulous Cape Kiwanda Adventure

So this is it. Pacific City. The place where memories are made and never forgotten. Here's where we stayed, played, ate, and had as much fun as we could squeeze in 4 days together. It was a blast! Out of the 500 pictures I took, I had a hard time narrowing it down....(I'm sure you thank me!) Some of my favorite reunion moments (I wish I had pictures to document all of them!):

FHE and the Seattle Mauery's rendition of Jonah and the Whale with "scripture cookies" for dessert!


Seeing my favorite people walking up the boardwalk to the beach and welling up knowing I get to be with them forever.Nathan's unabashed display of his acting prowess.Vernon and Lauren's patience with "project kite."

Everyone pumped up about an oatmeal cookoff for breakfast. Are we food storage nerds or what?


Seeing deer on our morning walk so close we could almost pet them!


Hearing squeels of delight (or fright?) as the kids took a dip in the ocean. For over an hour. Cute little cousin piggies.


The baby shower for Nancy where we all learned a little more about "the sistahs" and a little too much about my parent's love life.


The model photo shoot with Mary.


Rockband blisters! Mary, you totally schooled me! Chanin and Lauren, you rock!


Gourmet food without regret. Mmmm. It was all so tasty.

Uncle Joe's first aid kit that came in handy for my graceful Lukas. (I don't know where he gets that tripping condition from, seriously!)


Laughing so hard I cried. That only happens when I'm with family. (and I'm not even pregnant!)


Seeing Mom and Dad walk hand in hand barefoot like lovebirds on the beach.
And even though it was painful, seeing Ariana cry when we pulled out to leave. We miss you too, cutie!!



It was definitely a reunion for the yearbooks, and one my kiddies won't soon forget. Here's to the Mighty Mauerys!!! And let's not forget the one who stole our hearts....



1 comment:

Joseph and Mary + Seven said...

I'm still blubbering like a baby.