Saturday, August 16, 2008

"I Love to See the Temple"

And we went inside today! The Twin Falls temple is the most amazing beautiful place. (Next to the Rexburg temple...it even has part of the Rexburg temple in it--a mural they cut out for a door in Rexburg has been framed and hung in Twin Falls. Ever practical, the Church is.) We were some of over 150,000 of the visitors that went through over the past 6 weeks. BJ is excitedly awaiting the dedication next week. I still remember missing the Boise dedication, being 1 week shy of 8 years old, so I'm thrilled he gets to participate in something this special and memorable. I told him to really think about how he felt inside and try to feel the Spirit. He never says much when it comes to things like this, but I know something touched his heart because when we got out and were waiting to gather people for pictures, he asked me for a tissue. I asked if he needed to blow his nose and he said, no, there's a piece of gum in the flower bed. He took the tissue and got it and threw it away. It made me proud to see him show some respect for the grounds of the Lord's house. (If only he'd show more "respect" for his bedroom.)We were lucky enough to go with some good friends, James and Jowita Kaufusi and their cute girl Zosia. This was their first time inside, but hopefully not the last! It was neat to share this experience with such great people. The only person missing was Dan...poor guy had volleyball tryouts today and couldn't be there with his best friend from highschool.The kids were mesmerized by the fountain and pool at the end of the tour--probably because it was so durn hot they would have jumped in, Sunday clothes and all, had they thought I wasn't paying attention!Benjamin and Emmers managed to find some respite from the sun, and I couldn't help but snapping this shot....I feel so blessed to live so close to the temple, and I felt a stronger resolve to return there often to feel the peace that comes from being there.

3 comments:

MZB said...

We can't wait to be part of the dedication next week either. "We are a blessed people"

jana jacob said...

I love the photos of the fountain and Emers and BJ! Too cute for words! I have LOVED reading all your posts!!! Congrats on your triathalon! I have got to get back to training - you are a motivator - yes-siree! I was so very happy to read of all the fun things you've done! Makes me realize just how far apart we live and how much I miss you!

Marne said...

We loved the open house too. The dedication on Sunday will be really neat.