Wednesday, August 13, 2008

She can ride, folks!

Can you beat this look of pure personal satisfaction and glee?
Ok, I was a total late bloomer for bike riding, learning around age 10 in my grandma's gravel driveway. I have a scar on my chin to prove it. (I attribute this to my slower bike times.) So, when Emily wanted her training wheels off at age 6, I was a little hesitant. I got one of them off successfully, and then Dan put it back on. When we were in Oregon, Uncle Charles took matters into his own hands and she took off!Thanks, Charles, for making her summer wishes come true! Now she won't have to be embarrassed when her younger neighbor girlfriend rides circles around her in our driveway anymore! :)

2 comments:

McDaniel's said...

Your kids are getting so old & they are adorable as always. I'm glad I finally got your blog to see how your family is doing. Whenever you're in Utah, come by and visit us. We would love to see you. Glad to see you are doing so great!!

Trister said...

I'd love to come to the next Mauery family reunion! Cute-cute-cute!
You've had a busy month - and you look hot in your green cap! You should wear it out. With a shirt, maybe.