Tuesday, September 23, 2008

"...and there shall not be room enough to receive it."

Does anyone out there think this "tithing" blessing pertains to zucchini? Call me crazy, but I'm a believer!!! You think I'm joking, but as Dan can attest, I most assuredly am not. Thanks to our gracious neighbors, we have been able to stretch our food budget when we needed it most. Did you know zucchini can be added to almost anything? Green specs have popped up in my cookies, breads, eggs, stir-fries, pasta dishes, and frittatas. My kids have gotten very supsicious, but now it's just a fact of life. Zucchini happens. Here's a little sampling of what they have dropped off just last week:I am so grateful for this blessing! When life gives you zucchini, make something out of it!!!
I'll try not to eat the whole loaf of my chocolate lime zucchini bread all my myself....

7 comments:

bestgrandkidsever said...

Absolutely LOVE your neighbors! ;)

tm said...

What did you do with the okra?

Sarah Pearl said...

This is the first time they've given me okra. vanessa said to beat some eggs, add the sliced okra, then dredge in cornmeal and fry up. I'm surprised you don't know about this--she said it's a southern dish!!

ami said...

Sarah- what awesome neighbors you have. i can eat a whole loaf of zuchinni choc. chip bread myself- it's amazingly easy. my mouth started to water just looking at your pictures.

jenny said...

Oh my WORD! I want your neighboors! I cant believe all that produce!

Leslie said...

Chocolate LIME zucchini bread? Sarah, you know I am your most competitive baking neighbor. Where's my loaf???? :)

Lindsay Anne Hatfield said...

When life gives you scraps, make a quilt...When life gives you scrapes, make a scab...When life gives you zucchini...

I can't wait to see you again, whenever or wherever that may be