Tuesday, September 02, 2008

And they're back!!

P.S. to my last post:
I have to hand it to Dan--I went to pick the kids up off the bus hoping to get a "better" picture, and when I went to snap it, wouldn't you know, the SD card was still in my computer. Boy was I feeling sheepish....

When I asked the kids how school was, all Emily could talk about was lunch. How she needed to eat faster so she wouldn't miss recess tomorrow. How I packed her too much food. How she didn't even have time to finish what I packed her. How I made the sandwich wrong (tell me, how do you mess up a PBJ?!). I was actually starting to feel pretty awesome that my thrown together lunch was so satisfying. Meanwhile, I was carrying on a conversation with BJ at the same time, listening to her with my left ear. Moms are good at multi-tasking like that. When we get home about 10 minutes later, Em is still talking about how she was stuffed from lunch and her game plan for snarfing her lunch tomorrow so she'll have more time to play. Then she mentions how good the chicken nuggets were, so she ate those first. Huh? I didn't pack those. The cat was out of the bag. Yes, my little Emmers ate two lunches at school today, both hot and cold. I called her crazy, BJ just called her lucky. Note to self: be more specific with lunch directions to a first grader.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

HAHAHAHAHAAAAA! That is just too funny! She's a smart one, that Emilie....

jana jacob said...

What a girl! Eden warned me that I put too much food in for her too...but here they make the kids play outside for a half hour and then come in and eat for 15 minutes then back to school - so whatever she can't eat, she dishes out! I must be a quack...it's the third week of school and I still feel like crying every time I drop her off!

kaughtydid said...

Oh my gosh! She is hillarious! I guess it really is true! She DOES take after her mom! =) Thanks for the laughs with the mud today. It sure beats crying.