Tuesday, September 02, 2008

And they're off!!

No tears cried here this morning. Nope, we were ALL excited that this blessed day has finally arrived! Their bags were packed with clothes laid out before dinner last night. Family night was especially memorable with Father's blessings all the way around, making me grateful for Dan and all his fatherly qualities. It also reminded me those warm steady hands on my head every year--thanks Dad, for some of my most cherished memories. (Right up there with "school shopping" from mom's fabric cupboards and pattern bins.) Anyways--here's the kiddos out front. (To all you who know BJ, note that this is the first time he's worn jeans since he was size 2T! A breakthrough!) Dan begged me to be the one to take them to the bus (read between the lines: I drug him out of bed with one eye open, shoved the camera in his hand and told him to get a good picture of them getting on the bus or forget about a nice hot breakfast.) Here's the shot he got: I'll let you be the judge of whether or not he got a hot breakfast.
Lukas just couldn't be left out. Poor guy has to stay home with mommy playing with toys, watching movies, and making cookies for awholenuther year.


P.S. Cold cereal with powdered milk was on the menu. Better luck next year, babe.

2 comments:

kaughtydid said...

Dan-Do you call that a picture? How do we even know that was the bus your kiddos were on??? I bet you forgot to take the picture and then frantically looked around for a bus driving by. How's that cold cereal? =) (Em's hair looks so cute. And BJ-luv the jeans)

Leslie said...

OH MY! Those are some beautiful kids, Sarah and Dan. And I am with you...no sad tears on my face either. Only tears of joy! :)