Saturday, September 06, 2008

Whatcha gonna do....

I was happily sitting on the couch at Katy's house, gabbing into oblivion when I happened to take a gander out the window and saw this speeding by:
"Dost mine eyes deceive me?" I thought. Could Adam really have bathed in mud? And if so, where the heck was my darling Sammy? A couple steps outside revealed his whereabouts....
He was truly stuck! The weird thing is, I don't know how long he had been there, because we never heard a peep. By the time I got there, his (one day old) shoes were buried deep in the muck and required my brute force to extract them.
The next 10 minutes were spent hosing the kids off with cold irrigation water. (Brings back memories of my dad dousing my sister and I with buckets full of cold water after we painted ourselves green from head to toe when we were supposed to be painting the barn fence, huh Mary?! At least, I now I know my parents' train of thought that fateful day: What were they thinking?!!!)



But, whatcha gonna do? Kids will be kids.

6 comments:

MZB said...

I can't think of a better way to spend the day. MUD=bliss when I was little

ami said...

that's hilarious- good job for taking pictures FIRST and then cleaning up the kiddos

jana jacob said...

I love everything about this post! Gesh, it makes me miss you guys!

Mamie Coffey said...

I L-O-V-E-D mud when I was a kid! My girls LOVE mud. Mud is a wonderful entertainment. And, its free!! I am glad you take the "whacha gonna do" approach to mud! Lots of folks don't... so sad for them ;)

Nancy said...

That brings back good ol' times of playing in the mud in the field and having mom wash me off with the FREEZING hose. By the way "Tag" your "it". Go to my blog and find out what to do from here. Unless you have already gotten tagged from Chanin.

Trister said...

You're kids are so adorable! I love the pic of you pulling Sammy out of the mud! Priceless!!! I wish I could sit on Katy's couch with you and pretend the children aren't destroying things, too! --Hey, yesterday Noah wore his first pair of jeans since kindergarten!
loveyerguts...