Wednesday, May 28, 2008

And they said it wouldn't last....

Here's to a Happy 9 Years, Baby!We've been on a journey of a lifetime together and it's not about to end! On May 27, 1999 we sealed our fate to eachother and the eternities and so far, so good! :) We were fortunate enough to get away for a day and a night and a day together. Ahh, alone time! We tried to go golfing, but the stars were not aligned in our favor and we ended up seeing the latest and not-so-greatest Indiana Jones movie. The best part of it was Dan stroking my leg in the theater. Other than that, can we say lame-o! Man-eating ants? An alien crystal skull? And how many times do we have to relive the road to Eldorado?!! "Themeless, dreamless, helpless, hopeless!"

But where was I? I digress. So, Dan kept saying he wanted to do something really memorable, something we've never done before. So, here's what we came up with (well, me, actually, dragging him along for the fun of it.) I've never sat in one of those cheap kiosks in the mall with a boyfriend before. I told Dan we HAD to do it or I would die, just DIE! (I can get dramatic sometimes, forgive me!) He obliged, and snuck in only when nobody was walking by. Oh, the terror of someone actually seeing him with a beautiful woman getting in a small booth with little black curtains! Well, as you can see, Cama does a much better job and we may have to splurge and go with her for our 10th anniversary photos next year. :) I actually had to take a picture of the pictures since our scanner wasn't working. Yeah, that's why they look so bad, not because they were only 3 bucks, right?

All in all, we had a fabulous time with real live flushing toilets and breakfast in bed at our leisure. What do the next 9 years have in store for us? Well, for starters, 4 more kids, of course! And then, chew on this--BJ will be only 1 year away from GRADUATING! Holy cow--time's fun when you're having flies. And vice versa. Indulge me in my mushiness, but I really am so lucky to have a hubby as hot and sweet and all that as Danny-boy. We go togetha like bread and butta. He really is my dream boat and I'm his dream yacht! Here's to many more years with you, Baby-cakes! Muah!

3 comments:

kaughtydid said...

I am so glad you were able to do something you two had never done before. I'll tell you what would have been memorable-making out in a cemetary! (Not that I have ever done that!)

MZB said...

What a tribute

Leslie said...

I'm glad you left out the really "juicy" details of your night alone. And you are a crack up. I love to hear you ramble on. You and that hubby of yours are great (and might I add, he's a darn fine primary teacher to boot)!