Friday, May 23, 2008

"Honey-do" gets "Honey-done"!

So, I started this crazy project last November....I really wanted something cute above my stove in the "massive void" (I was adamant about not having plant shelves because I didn't want to have to deal with decorating them, but looking back I think that would have been about 87% easier.). I bought this window pane at an antique store, brought it home, sanded it, painted it, found matching shutters from Franklin Building Supply, a damaged shelf at Home Depot that I fixed up, and was ready to go! I finished just before Thanksgiving when we hosted for all the Foutzes. They never got to see my handiwork. Last Friday I was tired of seeing the pane in my kitchen and resolved to put it up myself. I lugged in our 500 lb adjustable ladder and about killed myself numerous times putting it up. I got all the tools I needed from the garage and was good to go. I even found the studs all by myself. Unfortunately, what I desperately needed was a real stud to do this for me--I am a complete wimp and couldn't get the screws in! Thankfully, Dan saved the day and helped me get it up--in like 10 minutes. He really knows how to make a gal swoon! I had this awesome decorator from Kuna come and help me decide what to put on the shelf--I never would have thought of books on my own--Thanks, Katy! So, here's the end result: I'm so glad it's done! (Oh, and don't ask me how I hung that wreath up there. Let's just say thank goodness for foodstorage buckets that don't buckle under a lot of weight....my legs are still shaking from the thought!)




2 comments:

Cama Cathrae said...

Sarah, I love it and am so excited to see it! Can you come to my house and help me out now. :) Love ya!

Stacey said...

seriously, sarah, so cute! awesome job. how come i had to find your blog via kellie's? i don't mean to complain, but i do have an email address that i check like 15 times a day . . . :-)