Friday, May 23, 2008

Mmmm, good!

The other day my sugar cravings got the best of me so I decided to whip up a batch of my mom's famous "Banana Drop" cookies (the name aint so appetizing, but you gotta trust me on this one!). They were always my favorite growing up, and lucky for me they're a cinch!
The boys were anxiously waiting for the first tender morsels to be finished. They learned that position from me--I call it my "Papa Murphy's Stance."
And while I happened to be taking those out, Sam stealthily got the stool back out of the pantry to snitch some dough. Nothing like some raw eggs to boost your immune system, right?

So, here's the recipe! (slightly modified...)
Banana Drop Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 c. white flour
1 c. wheat flour
1 c. brown sugar
1/2 t. baking soda
3/4 t. cinnamon
1/4 t. nutmeg
1/2 t. salt
1/2 c. butter
2 eggs
1 1/2 c. mashed bananas (2-3 ripe)
2 c. oatmeal
2 c. chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 400*. Sift Flour, soda, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt together in a food processor (it will also work in a mixer). Cut in butter. Stir in eggs and bananas until smooth. Add oats and pulse til mixed through. Stir in chocolate chips. Dough will be an ooey-gooey mess. Drop by spoonfuls onto cookie sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes until light brown. Makes about 2 1/2 dozen, depending on raw dough consumption.





No comments: